About Me

My photo
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
I am a mother of three great kids. I am naturally passionate, artistic, athletic, and articulate. Every experience in my life has led to me being the person I am... which I am usually very proud of.

Friday 26 August 2011

What's In A Name?

The hardest thing about this so far is something that at first seemed it would be the easiest... Choosing a derby name! I haven't felt like that since I named my children. The more I thought about it, the more I realized how hard it was going to be. I would think of, *(what I thought was)* the perfect name. Then in no time at all I'd come across something that made me change my mind. I threw around about 40 different names before I decided on the name I chose. I really wanted to find something that went with my look or personality... not just some generic name that means nothing to me. I figured, I have the chance to become anyone I want to be. It was kind of like creating an alter ego!

I was on a roll coming up with really cool names, (Bones, Tiny Terror, Bones McPhee, Trina Torium, and Boney Mahoney were some of the ones I liked) then I found out I have to make sure my name isn't taken. I was told to check the master roster to make sure I wasn't choosing a name that was already taken. Did you know there are a little over 30,000 registered derby names worldwide?? Me neither. So, then I was back to square one! As I looked through the enormous list of names I was extremely overwhelmed and suddenly felt like all the good ones were taken! (And some really bad ones). Here's a few examples of the ones that are already taken that I would have liked... Bone Saw, Bonecrusher, Bones, Bones McGee, Boney Maroney, Tiny Terror, Tiny Temper, Tiny Tornado, and Trina Trioxin. Here's a few that I think are completely ridiculous (Although they must have had a good reason for picking them)... Slappa Ho, Burnt Toast, 210 Funsize Phoenix, Pris Toff, Aunt Flo, 19-Skatey-Four, Cheeseburger, Ally in WonderSCREAM, SLE-Zpass, Bot Bot Bot, and Anal Tex. And here are some I think are really clever...Hurricane Skatrina, 1/2 Pint Havoc, Johnny Crash, 10 Guage Rage, Ida Tripter, 13th Floor Hellevator, 2 Faced, 5ft Hurricane, Saya Prayers, Addy Tude, Val Catraz, Amazing Disgrace, Strawberry Short Sk8, Maiden Alberta, Syko Path, also our awesome Red Deer girls... Fatal Fantasy, Hollywood Homicide, Lacee Long Stalkin, Lady Laceration, Twisted Throttle, and Unchained Malady, (who don't seem to be registered?)

So, after much consideration of the names I already liked, and not trying to have one too similar to the already registered names I had finally come up with one that I thought suited me perfectly! SERIOUS LEE! I guess they will all just call me Serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment