About Me

My photo
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
I am a mother of three great kids. I am naturally passionate, artistic, athletic, and articulate. Every experience in my life has led to me being the person I am... which I am usually very proud of.

Monday 29 August 2011

Extra Practice

Sunday I got to go to the arena for an extra practice! Trust me, I need all the practice i can get. It's hard not having skates, anticipating Monday every week. I'd love to be able to practice other days.

I'm a little anxious to get benchmarked now. When I first started, even though I knew it wouldn't take me long if I put my mind to it, I really wasn't in a hurry to benchmark. Well, now I am! Unfortunately I only have tonight's practice and then I have to take a month off... Unless I buy some skates, outdoor wheels, knee pads, and elbow pads. Everyone that has been giving me a lot of encouragement and some really good advice.

I met Angry Lil' Knome last time I went to practice. She noticed that I was practicing my stops so she came right over and started coaching me on how to do it. Now, lets get one thing straight. She was there on her own time to do her own practicing and she took a bunch of time out to make sure I was doing things properly, as did Mortu. I really appreciate these girls taking time out to help me... they really didn't have to.  I fixed my plow stop, worked on my crossovers, finally got the tee stop, and... I learned how to jump! I'm pretty proud of the progress I've made, so if it seems like I'm bragging... I am. I think I'm allowed.


No comments:

Post a Comment