About Me

My photo
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
I am a mother of three great kids. I am naturally passionate, artistic, athletic, and articulate. Every experience in my life has led to me being the person I am... which I am usually very proud of.

Tuesday 30 August 2011

A Month Off? I Hope Not!

First of all, the only reason I have a problem with this, is because I just started... and I am on a bit of a roll. I'm sure by next summer I will welcome a month or two off of squatting, skating for 5 minutes without stopping, knee drop drills, planks, and falling on my butt cheeks. But for now... I WANT TO SKATE!!


That's me in my gear. half of it belongs to RDRDA.

The other thing I'm worried about is doing at least 2 hours of cardio every week. That's what I do at practice, so I have to keep that up! I'll regret it if I don't. Anyone have any suggestions that will make it more fun? PS... I HATE running, more than doing squats, even more than not having my own skates. speaking of running... when Lacee mentioned running for practices while we had no track, I cringed a little, physically.I can sprint no problem, but long distance running... OUCH! I'll do it for derby though! Whatever it takes.

I am hearing that there are a few other places we can go, and they were all nice enough to arrange that I could use their skates... I really appreciate that!!I'm sure you all know by now that if I had the money, I would get my damn skates. I can get half decent pads at sport check for about $30.00, which is a little easier to come up with than a couple hundred for good skates!

On the flip side... Lacee, Malady, Papa Razzo, Fiver (and a few others) will be giving up their time to keep us freshies going. If it weren't for them, we wouldn't have practice at all! They probably want a month off. But Lacee, I completely agree, because if I don't keep going it's gonna be like starting over! I'm pretty sure that at least 8 of us that will practice almost anywhere. I'm really hoping we can keep practices going, not just for me, but for all of us freshies, we need it!

1 comment:

  1. Swimming is fun, and good for building up the upper body that is neglected.

    But here's some vids that might help you during your month off. Or, it might just make you like running.
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL337284E4EC4D3917

    ReplyDelete