About Me

My photo
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
I am a mother of three great kids. I am naturally passionate, artistic, athletic, and articulate. Every experience in my life has led to me being the person I am... which I am usually very proud of.

Thursday 25 August 2011

Derby Brain!!

OK!! I had my first experience with the Red Deer Roller Derby Association now for exactly Two weeks, one day, and Eight-teen hours. That's counting from the day (hour) I watched my first scrimmage. In this time I have probably mentioned derby about Three-hundred times on facebook, bored my friends so much they are already asking me to talk about something different, and spend most of my free (and not free) time either blogging about derby, scouring the city for gear, or roller skating! I literally think about it at least every 5 minutes no matter what I am doing... working, playing with the kids, hanging with friends, sleeping, showering, having sex... all while thinking about derby!! Does this ever go away? I've heard not. I read a lot of other blogs about derby because I'd really like to learn as much as I can as fast as I can, and from what I can tell... derby takes over all our lives. I like my friend Malady's post called Derby Diffusion.

I am already budgeting around derby, trying to figure out all the costs for everything. I'm a little short, so I'm finding ways to make it work. Basically I am willing to re-arrange everything in my life to make derby affordable and convenient. I don't think I have ever been more dedicated to anything in my entire life (other than my kids of course)!

I'm sure it's obvious with the amount I have posted since I started this blog TWO days ago!! oops... Derby isn't just taking over my life, it already has!

No comments:

Post a Comment