About Me

My photo
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
I am a mother of three great kids. I am naturally passionate, artistic, athletic, and articulate. Every experience in my life has led to me being the person I am... which I am usually very proud of.

Monday 5 September 2011

Benchmarks

A lot of people are asking me what benchmarking is. Benchmarking is meeting specific milestones as a skater before you can join a team. Here's what I need to be able to do to benchmark:

1. 5 laps in 1 minute (achieved) - When I did my laps on Monday I had done 6 and a half laps at the one minute mark
2. 25 Laps in 5 min (achieved)
3. Tee stop (achieved)
4. Toe stop (achieved)
5. Plow stop (achieved)
6. Tomahawk stop (achieved)
7. Knee drops (achieved)
8. 4 point fall (needs work)
9. Gliding on one leg (achieved)
10. Jumping (needs a little work, but I pretty much got it)
11. Crossovers (achieved)
12. Cutting the track (Needs a lot of work)
13. Proper form (needs a little work)
14. Skate backwards (almost good enough)

I don't think I am missing anything. I may be though, I'm still pretty new at this.

No comments:

Post a Comment