About Me

My photo
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
I am a mother of three great kids. I am naturally passionate, artistic, athletic, and articulate. Every experience in my life has led to me being the person I am... which I am usually very proud of.

Monday 5 September 2011

Waiting For Skates

Roller Derby has been a BIG part of my life in the last month... and it's about to get even BIGGER!

On Saturday, I ordered my first pair of skates... thanks to my wonderful boyfriend (he was wonderful before he bought me the skates). "Seeing you smile and light up like that is thanks enough for me", he says, "I can see that you are passionate and dedicated". I'm so glad he sees how important this is to me. I won't succeed at this if I'm not supported by the people who love me. Thanks Dan!

So, now I get to wait. I've heard it's not long... less than a week, I'm hoping I have them by Friday. I ordered all my pads (elbows, knees, and wrists), and a new mouth guard (the one I have now is way too big). I'm probably gonna put on all my new gear and roller skate around my house for days. I'll be doing the dishes in my skates, and the laundry, and maybe even cook in my skates. I don't care if my kids think I'm crazy!! (I might even wear them to bed)

With new skates, comes a new freedom that I can't wait to experience. I'll be able to skate where and when I want to. Right now I am so limited, I can only practice in Springbrook during scheduled practices. Sure I can train... squatting, stretching, running, etc, but I need to practice skating too! I need to practice all those benchmarks I need to meet. Getting on the team is really important to me and I want to get there ASAP.

Step 1: Receive skates and gear
Step 2: Skate every day
Step 3: Get benchmarked and on the team
Step 4: Become a roller derby superstar
Step 5: Represent Team Canada at the Olympics

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting your skates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget sweat, recover from injuries and get pushed around by senior skaters for... well, awhile yet. I am loving your enthusiasm. When you make team Canada, don't forget to thank all your coaches ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohoo!! What did you get? I'm such a gear whore! ;)

    ReplyDelete