About Me

My photo
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
I am a mother of three great kids. I am naturally passionate, artistic, athletic, and articulate. Every experience in my life has led to me being the person I am... which I am usually very proud of.

Tuesday 1 November 2011

My Plan Is Working!

I'm not sure if I have mentioned this yet, but I am training to be an Olympian. This is the first year they are accepting Roller Derby into the Olympic Games! Not only have I discovered that I love roller derby as a hobby, but I also have an attainable, respectable long term goal. it just makes me more determined to get as good as I know I can get at this! If I want to, I know without a doubt that I can make the Olympic team like Taz and Gertie from RDRDA did! I'm so proud to say that two amazing Jammers from Red Deer, Alberta are going to be on Team Canada for roller derby! So exciting. if I had more money i would go to Ontario and watch!!

I've been training since the middle of August, 2011. So, I've been to 8 practices and a free skate, and I'm ready to benchmark now. After the 5 or 6 hours of boot camp on Saturday I will hopefully also be ready for my first game. I think that I accomplished the first goal quickly, so I'm feeling very optimistic about my future in roller derby... VERY optimistic. I'm really not trying to brag or be 'holier than thou', I just know I'm a natural and my passion for it is simply overwhelming.

This is the beginning of a lifelong journey for me. I'm a little disappointed that it had to start when i was 33 (Oh how I long to be Scourge Her, Because she's going to be an icon once she is on the adult team if she keeps going at it the way she's going at it). the main thing is that I'm doing it, REALLY doing it!

I'm slowly making lifestyle changes that will support my new-found love for extreme athletics. I have to quit smoking (YUCK! - It's #1 on my priority list), drink less, stretch EVERY DAY, drink more water, eat more, and exercises at least three times a week for 2 hours (weather I have Derby or not). It's going to be a slow process because I'm not used to taking care of myself, but luckily I'm equipped with knowledge about my body from my pain group, a great "derby girl" support system (they are all there to help), 3 supportive kids who love the fact that I roller derby and it makes me happy, and friend that support what I am trying to accomplish.

The people responsible for my entrance into derby are Sean and Mortu. Sean introduced me to Mortu, and Mortu SET ME UP!!! She really set me up. My actual life, as Trina Grenier, isn't really rainbows and unicorns right now, so I am very grateful that I have an alternate life, as Serious Lee, that keeps me wanting to live my life as Trina Grenier. I'm in your debt forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment