About Me

My photo
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
I am a mother of three great kids. I am naturally passionate, artistic, athletic, and articulate. Every experience in my life has led to me being the person I am... which I am usually very proud of.

Tuesday 29 November 2011

25 Things About Derby

Thank you Ali for the idea to re post this!


25 Things roller Derby has Taught Me!! Thank you to those tagged for being an inspiration :)
Rules:Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals that roller derby has added to your life. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about what derby means to you.(To do this, go to "notes" under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)

25. Sometimes I forget what I'm wearing after practise and go to the store anyway
24. I like bootie shorts.. no, I love them!
23. I've been in roller derby for about 3 months and I'm still learning the rules!
22. I'm getting used to 80's music again... and stating to like it!
21. Panties = the helmet covers that the pivots and jammers wear
20. I started hip checking my friends... and I didn't even realise I did it!
19. I can blog about derby, then my friends and family aren't annoyed
18. My body doesn't bruise as easy as I thought it was going to.. bonus!
17. I'm not as fast as I thought I was either, but I'm working on it
16. Drills are actually really fun most of the time
15. I really look forward to any day that I get to skate! And waiting is really hard
14. I love making tank tops and tees with my derby name on it! my new craft I think.
13. I'm a good skater, but not so good at the game... I need to get on the team so I can learn and get better!
12. I looked like a tool in the first pics i saw of myself in a game. I laughed... hard!
11. I think I prefer my derby name and would like everyone to just call me "Serious" from now on. Haha
10. There is no such thing as too much exercise
9. I've learned how to take my skates apart and replace all the parts by myself... now to figure out what gear is best!
8. I've learned to drink lots of WATER!!
7. My first rookie bout was amazing and I will never forget it!
6. I am training to try out to play for Team Canada one day like Taz and Gertie
5. I found out who out of my friends and family truly love me and are there for me
4. I feel like i am part of a family when i go to derby and everyone has their role
3. I continue to meet quality people, who like to have fun through derby, who most of will be lifelong friends, I hope
2. Roller derby has already changed my whole life
1. I am allowed to be myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment