About Me

My photo
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
I am a mother of three great kids. I am naturally passionate, artistic, athletic, and articulate. Every experience in my life has led to me being the person I am... which I am usually very proud of.

Tuesday 25 October 2011

Freshmeat Farewell

Information night was a complete success. Thank you to everyone involved for putting it together. great job, AS ALWAYS! There were 20 ladies signed up for regular freshmeat classes by the end of the night. Roller derby is BOOMING! It's so exciting! Now, if we could get the spectator interest in line (that's another post altogether), the rest would fall into place. Pretty soon roller derby is going to be as mainstream as hockey.

For any of you following my blog, you may have read about my battle with choosing derby clothing. Well... I think you will all get a good laugh knowing that I was the one wearing the bootie shorts tonight... and I loved every second of it! I'm starting to feel pretty comfortable in my 'fancy' derby wear. The choice of clothing for a free skate ranged from jeans, to shorts, to yoga pants, to tights and skirts, to bootie shorts. I felt good knowing I contributed a little to showing the freshies what happens to you in a few months if you want it bad enough. Yes, the outfit has a lot to do with the transformation.

I really want to say thank you to Unchained Malady for helping sort through everything derby! I love you lots! Next I gotta get me a derby wife! Goodbye Freshmeat.. Hello Nightshades!

1 comment:

  1. Two years ago I would of laughed outloud at the thought, but I would wear booty shorts all the time if I could get away with it. Just so comfortable.

    ReplyDelete