About Me

My photo
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
I am a mother of three great kids. I am naturally passionate, artistic, athletic, and articulate. Every experience in my life has led to me being the person I am... which I am usually very proud of.

Thursday 20 October 2011

Props To Freshmeat!

Well, what can I say? Between the awesome coaches and all the determined brand new roller skaters, I'm flabbergasted, to say the least, at the quality of both! Let me say first, roller skating is really hard! There are definitely people that are natural skaters, and people that have to work really hard to do what they do, just like any other sport or talent. Now, having said that, natural skaters work just as hard, but can often advance faster than someone who feels awkward on their skates. personally, I feel like I'm a natural skater... I can tell if someone is natural or not (I think because I was a dancer and it's kind of the same way), It's all in the confidence. It takes a lot longer to build if you have to work harder to be at the same level as the natural skaters. I LOVE that skaters that have to work really hard to do what they do keep doing it! I LOVE that those people prove that if you want something bad enough, you can do it, even if you aren't the best starting off.

I've been meaning to do this for a while. I want to give props to all the freshmeat skaters I've skated with. Every single one of them that regularly come to practice are determined, dedicated, and focused on getting better, and in the coaches case, creating ready, fit, and dedicated skaters. Just to list  few (Sorry if I miss anyone) Ali, Andy Anarchy (Amanda), Scourge Her (Trina), Teri Fying, Arlene, Rags, Torture Chamber (Lisa), Angela, Kaustic, Linzifer, Fiver, Unchained Malady, Lacee Longstalkin, Twisted, Fatal, Nomad, Cakes, Pappa Razzo, Ginger, The Jester, Lexisonfire, Lady Laceration, Vitamin B, and Taz. I also want to mention the girls I've only skated with a few times (I hope they come back), Michelle, Donna, Christina, and Wody (Mama).

I have nothing but good things to say about every single one of the people listed above. hopefully it stays that way as I spend more time with them. I've had an excellent experience in Freshmeat. Excellent coaches, excellent skate mates, excellent exercise, excellent learning experience, and an excellent growing experience.

I'm getting closer to joining team practices, although, if I can ever go to freshmeat after I benchmark on Sunday, I'm going to go. I'd like to go to keep perfecting my basic skills, and be a good example to new skaters at the things I really excel at. I truly believe that I can be a great mentor to future freshmeat to come. I am finally taking my final steps toward becoming an official RDRDA skater. It's very exciting.... I've been waiting since August!

In addition to the original topic, I have been to two freshmeat friendly league practices now, and I learned new and different things that freshmeat practices... more about the actual game. It's very important to go to freshmeat and learn hoe to skate properly for as long as it takes, but once anyone perfects their basic skating skills, I suggest everyone go to a few league practices before attempting to benchmark. I learned an amazing amount about the rules, game play, and strategy... also I got the opportunity to perfect skills that are a bit more advanced, like jumping, blocking, laterals, 360's, whips, and snaking. Those are the ones for me, that I'm really glad I got the chance to get more in depth practice on. After going to just two league practices I'm 100% sure that I can benchmark this Sunday. Thanks to Lip Lash and Razor Recked It for heading up those two practices. They were both awesome. And thanks to Hej Clip Her, Malady, and DM for helping us freshies.

No comments:

Post a Comment