About Me

My photo
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
I am a mother of three great kids. I am naturally passionate, artistic, athletic, and articulate. Every experience in my life has led to me being the person I am... which I am usually very proud of.

Friday 21 October 2011

I Almost Went Crazy Until I Focused! After All, I Am Serious!

I have learned that penalty and penalty enforcement has a lot of confusing stipulations...I'm not hopeless about understanding, It's just taking a lot more effort than I have time for...

Blogging is a lot easier than studying at work... I really do still do my job (really well too). The more I read the more I remember and understand, but, WOWEE!!! I'm very overwhelmed right now about this test in two days...  Two days that I am either working or dedicating to skating, or helping set up, or taking care of my children... Luckily I have wonderful people in my life who are able and willing to babysit (kinda) my kids for free. I owe them a lot when I get my shit together!!

I asked myself when will I have time for this?       .    .    .   Well, i can study a bit at work, but it's hard for me to really soak in the information with so many distractions. I can study between work and derby for the next two days. I can study after derby if I'm not too tired. I can study while I have downtime at the boot camp on Saturday. I can also study Sunday morning right before the test.    .   .   . Is that going to be enough time to learn what I need to learn to pass the test (80% is a passing mark, and 43 pages to read all together) Last night I decided that instead of trying to keep studying longer tonight, I'd get up a little earlier than usual and get an hour or so of studying in before work.

So, back to memorizing the difference between major, minor, etc and what all the penalties are. Skimming through the pages of important information, I panicked... almost lost my senses, but i didn't. Instead I focused....as I was monotonously reading, I began to make a little more sense out of every sentence I read. I think that was the only thing keeping me motivated to stay focused. Luckily it's not as much memorization as it seemed to be. A lot of it is just common sense. If you get the point of the rules being in place, it's not hard to rationalize to get the right answer. There are only a few sections of penalties that i have to re read because they don't make enough sense.

I feel pretty confident, for now, that it was a good idea. i feel like I actually learned a lot. Now I feel able to manage the task at hand, without any doubt. I'm holding myself to those words too. I don't think I've ever wanted something so bad that just good enough is not an option. I'm gonna kick the shit out of everything I am asked to do. I'm pretty sure that if i just keep reading and re reading everything I don't understand... I will do great! Yes, not just good, or I will pass, I will do great!

No comments:

Post a Comment